'EDI - Load File' job for invoice creation unexpectedly delivers error message under 'Alerts' tab: "Input file does not exist"
- Product: Alma
- An 'EDI - Load Files' job for invoice creation is initiated manually.
- The 'EDI - Load Files' job report displays a status 'Completed with Errors.'
- The 'Job Results Summary' indicates that 'Total invoice' is 0.
- The 'Alerts' section at the bottom includes an 'Error Value' of "Input file does not exist."
Manually initiate an 'EDI - Load Files' job for invoice creation. This is done in one of two ways:
- Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Create Invoice > Select 'Invoice Creation From File' > Select Vendor > Select File type 'EDI' > Select file in 'Upload File' field > Upload and Run Invoice Creation Job
- Search and Find Vendor > Row actions > Edit > EDI Information tab > Input Job Parameters > JOB PARAMETERS > Select file in 'Upload EDI file' field > 'Add and Execute'
Prior to selecting the file to be uploaded, rename the file to something very short (example: "new.edi"). This step ensures that the EDI file name does not exceed the maximum character limit. If this workaround does not resolve the issue, please open a support case at https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/ by clicking 'Submit a Case' at the top-right of the page.
- Article last edited: 03-May-2019