- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
When doing an Advanced Search by Physical Location, the only operators available to use are "Equals" or "Is Empty".
How is it possible to exclude a group of records from a search?
For example, how to find all physical titles where Permanent call number type is EMPTY -and- Permanent physical location is NOT EQUAL to a certain location code?
Currently it is not possible to perform a title level search where library is not equal to a given code
Since the March 2014 Release, it is possible to combine sets with operators AND, OR, and NOT.
* Create a search set on Physical Titles where Permanent call number type is EMPTY
* Create a search set on Physical Titles where Permanent physical location is EQUAL (!) to the location code that is NOT of interest
* Find one of the sets > select Actions > Combine Sets
* Combine the sets using "Operation = Not"
* Ignore the warning about possibility of no items found and review the result
Category: Repository search - Alma
- Article last edited: 3/17/2014