- Product: Alma
How do I configure Alma to distribute fulfillment policies from the network zone to institution zones?
- Create user groups for each type of user in every institution zone (e.g. Institution 1 Faculty Group, Institution 2 Faculty Group, etc.): Configuration > User Management > User Groups
User groups will be needed in order to create fulfillment unit rules.
- Create fulfillment unit(s) to distribute to the institutions. Only create fulfillment units that you intend to distribute to all institutions: Configuration > Fulfillment > Physical Fulfillment > Fulfillment Units > Add Fulfillment Unit
Give fulfillment unit(s) unique names and codes so that network zone fulfillment units are distinguishable within the institution zone.
- Create fulfillment unit(s) rules: Configuration > Fulfillment > Fulfillment Units > [Shared Fulfillment Unit] > Edit > Fulfillment Unit Rules
- Run Distribute Network Fulfillment Changes to Members job: Admin > Scheduled Jobs > Distribute Network Fulfillment Changes to Members > Run
NOTE: ExLibris will need to run this job on your behalf during Test Load. After Go Live, the job can be scheduled to run on a regular basis.
- Edit the existing fulfillment unit that you would like to apply the shared fulfillment unit/TOU to: Configuration > Fulfillment > Physical Fulfillment > Fulfillment Units > Edit
- Within the fulfillment unit, under Rules from Network Fulfillment Unit: Select the Shared Fulfillment Unit. Check mark Use Network Rules First: if you want the Network rules to be applied first.
- Click Save to save the fulfillment unit.
- Article last edited: 15-Apr-2020