- Product: Alma
- Product Version: Aug 2019
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How does Alma check to determine if there is enough money in a Fund to pay an Invoice?
When Alma is trying to create expenditure the following is occurred:
1. Alma goes to the fund and checks if there is an encumbrance that should be disencumbered.
2. Alma then checks what the available balance would be if the disencumbrance is created. Note the disencumbrance creation is dependent upon expenditure creation. Disencumbrance will be for the same amount as the Expenditure.
3. If Available Balance is not enough (less than expenditure after subtracting the expected disemcumbrance), Alma checks the overexpenditure parameter definition (Fund > Rules section).
- Article last edited: 16-AUG-2019