- Product: Alma
- Product Version: February 2016
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
The SIS job ("Users SYNCHRONIZE using profile Student Information System") shows an error:
Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Check the input file for special characters (non-Latin diacritics). For example, try to open the file using XML Notepad, or another XML editor. It will signal any errors.
When a file is uploaded with special characters in XML, the special characters should be escaped as they are in HTML. This is also the case when uploading a bibliographic file via an import profile.
Instead of → (Unicode Character 'RIGHTWARDS ARROW' (U+2192)), use HTML →
Please see demonstration of the solution, in the attached PDF file, or at: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com...cial-Character
To reload the file:
1. Click: Alma > Configuration Menu (under: ADMINISTRATION > General Configuration)
2. Click: Integration Profiles
3. Click: Student Information System
4. Select the "Actions" tab
5. In the "Synchronize" section click: Run
- Article last edited: 08-FEB-2016