- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
- In records imported from OCLC Connexion, special characters and diacritics appear to be corrupted.
- Corrupted special characters and diacritics are replaced by groups of characters that may resemble: "ñ" or "©" or "<U+fffd>" etc.
- When Connexion has been configured to export records in MARC-8 Format, Connexion will translate non-MARC-8 characters not Numeric Character Reference (NCR) format.
- Alma is unable to translate NCR characters in the context of a MARC-8 format record.
Configure Connexion to export records in UTF-8 format.
Category: Alma -
- Article last edited: 3/6/2015