Steps to add Statistical Categories for Analytics
- Product: Alma
How to map our Statistical Category field added for users/patrons, so we can query it in Analytics?
1. Define Statistical Categories in: Configuration > User Management > User Details > Statistical Categories (e.g. "Art", "History").
2. Create Category Type for the statistics in: Configuration > User Management > User Details > Category Types (e.g. "Medical", "Honors Students", etc.)
3. Map the relevant statistical Categories to the user category Types in: Configuration > User Management > Statistical Categories/Types (e.g. "Art" is linked to: "Honors Students").
4. Add these categories to the Analytics configuration in: Configuration > Analytics > Analytics User Statistics (e.g. STATISTICS_1 = Medical).
Test this configuration by adding information to a sample user, and see how it looks in Analytics, on the following day.
The way the data is presented may lead you to change the way you build these categories.
-- Setup with good visuals exist in the Alma Online Help: http://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/A...cal_Categories
-- Analytics User Details subject area: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/...s/User_Details
See the above with good visuals in a new article: https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Knowledge_Articles/Statistical_categories_in_user_records_and_Analytics
- Article last edited: 13-FEB-2023