To view jobs that restore items that were temporarily moved, you must have one of the following roles:
- Fulfillment Administrator
- General System Administrator
The job Requests - Restore Temporary Shelved Items runs nightly to create restore requests (request type = restore item) on all of the institution’s temporarily shelved items whose due back date is the current day or earlier so that these items can be restored to their permanent locations by the circulation desk operators at these locations.
These items may include the following:
- Reading list items for a course that has ended
- Items that were removed temporarily, such a resource that was removed while a course is ongoing and the resource is now due to be returned
The list of jobs appears on the List of Restore Jobs page. For information on configuring this job, see Configuring Fulfillment Jobs.
To view a restore job:
On the List of Restore Jobs page (Fulfillment > Advanced Tools > View Restore Request Jobs), select an action for a restore job from the Actions menu, as follows:
- View – Opens the Job Report page, displaying details of the job, including its status and the number of items processed successfully and unsuccessfully.
Job Report Page
- Events – Opens the Events Report page, displaying details of the events that occurred during the job processing.
Events Report Page