- Electronic Inventory Operator
- Electronic Inventory Operator Extended (required for delete operations)
- Repository Manager
My Electronic Resources by Provider
With the My Electronic Resources by Provider feature, you can enter your provider account ID and view the electronic collections for which you have subscriptions from that provider. In addition, the system highlights, in the Availability column, the electronic collections that you have activated and which electronic collections remain to be activated for your subscription.
- Availability (All, Activated, Not Activated)
- Electronic Collection Type (options determined by the data downloaded from the provider)
- Electronic Service Type (options determined by the data downloaded from the provider)
- Interface (options determined by the data downloaded from the provider)
- Open the My Electronic Resources by Provider page (Resources > Manage Inventory > My Electronic Resources by Provider).
Enter the account ID for your provider, and select Populate. Depending on the count for your subscriptions, this may take a few minutes to retrieve and to populate the My Electronic Resources by Provider page. After the first time that you enter your account ID and populate the table, the system remembers this ID and automatically populates the My Electronic Resources by Provider page when you select Resources > Manage Inventory > My Electronic Resources by Provider. Each time that you open this page, the system accesses the provider information to populate the My Electronic Resources by Provider page with the most current information. Note that this list does not reflect any electronic collections that you were subscribed to previously, but not subscribed to now.Provider Account ID
Select the gear icon and note that you can set your preferred column display to include the Provider Collection ID.
- Review the list/table that appears on the My Electronic Resources by Provider page and activate the nonactive electronic collections using one of the following methods:
- Activate row action – Use the Activate row action to activate a single electronic collection.
- Activate All – Use this option to activate all nonactivated electronic collections. This method includes activating nonactivated electronic collections across multiple pages when you have a long list that appears on one or more pages.
Activate Selected – Using the row checkboxes, select individual rows or use the checkbox in the table header to select all the nonactivated electronic collections on that page. Note that for multipage lists, you can select the checkbox in the table header for each page and the selected list is cumulative.When you use the checkbox in the table header to select rows, it only selects the nonactivated rows. It does not select activated rows or electronic collections currently in the process of activation.As you select rows, the system tracks the number of rows selected and displays that information near the top of the page.Rows Selected
When you select to activate one or more electronic collections, the Activate Collections popup appears.Read the information provided and enter the following information that is applied to the electronic collection when it is activated:
- CLIENTID – Enter your client ID.
- Linking parameters – Depending on the electronic collections that you selected to activate, there may be linking parameters for electronic services that appear.
- Proxy enabled – Select Yes or No.
- Proxy selected – When you select Yes for Proxy enabled, the Proxy selected drop-down list presents the proxy options that you previously configured for your institution.
- Select Activate. The My Electronic Resources by Provider page appears with a confirmation message regarding the submission of the activation job. Note that the icon in the Availability column changes to reflect that an activation is in process for an electronic collection.
Select the process ID link in the confirmation message to access the Running tab on the Monitor Jobs page that contains each electronic collection's processing job details.Process IDNote that when you select the History tab, there is a parent job (Provider Subscriptions Activation for <account ID>) that is the single job that executes each job for each electronic collection that is being activated (shown on the Running tab) that appears on the History tab.History TabSee My Electronic Resources by Provider Job Report for more information.