Originating System ID for Citation Matching
You can enter an originating system ID for citations and then use this ID to help Alma locate library resources when locating citations.
- Many institutions work together with Ex Libris to migrate reading lists from a previous system to Alma. When Ex Libris migrates your data, you can supply this field for some or all citations. Talk to Ex Libris customer support about adding this field to the migration process.
- You can manually enter the field when adding a non-repository citation or editing a citation on the Edit Reading List Citation field. For more information, see Adding Citations to a Reading List.
Edit Reading List Page, Bottom
- You can enable or disable using this field as matching criteria on the Match by Fields code table. See Configuring Citation Matching Criteria.
Match by Fields Code Table
- <originating system id> was added to the reading list citation API.
Additional Course Reserves Enhancements
- On the Edit Citations and Edit Reading List pages, the row actions View, View It, and View Source were removed in place of a new tab Other, which provides these features as links of type File, Link Resolver, and External Link, respectively. (A row of type File provides a link to an updated file. A row of type Link Resolver provides a link to an OpenURL link. A row of type External Link provides a link to a source URL.) See Managing Citations.
Edit Reading List Page
- The Processing Department filter on the Reading Lists Task List page defaults to your department when accessing the page from the persistent menu. When accessing the page from a task, the filter defaults to All.