What is happening to the name of Books24x7 databases?
The provider Books24x7 has changed its name into Skillsoft Books, and subsequently the names of Books24x7 databases have changed into Skillsoft Books.
Therefore, we will be changing the Books24x7 databases names in the Knowledgebase. The content of the databases, and the databases IDs will remain the same.
This change will take effect on May 15, 2017:
- Before May 15, 2017: Books24x7 databases
- After May 15, 2017: Skillsoft Books databases
Here is a list of old and new databases names:
|Old Database Name
|New Database Name
|Books24x7 BusinessPro Collection
|Skillsoft Books BusinessPro Collection
|Skillsoft Books ElémentsEssentielsFrançais
|Books24x7 en Español
|Skillsoft Books en Español
|Books24x7 EngineeringPro Collection
|Skillsoft Books EngineeringPro Collection
|Books24x7 EngineeringPro Corporate Collection
|Skillsoft Books EngineeringPro Corporate Collection
|Books24x7 ExecSummaries Collection
|Skillsoft Books ExecSummaries Collection
|Books24x7 FinancePro Collection
|Skillsoft Books FinancePro Collection
|Books24x7 German Complete
|Skillsoft Books German Complete
|Books24x7 IT Pro Collection
|Skillsoft Books ITPro Collection
|Books24x7 OfficeEssentials Collection
|Skillsoft Books OfficeEssentials Collection
|Books24x7 Referenceware for Professionals
|Skillsoft Books Referenceware for Professionals
In addition, four of Books24x7 databases are going to be retired by the provider and therefore will no longer be updated in the Knowldgebase. In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on our Knowledgebase collection policy), these databases will be hidden in the Knowledgebase on May 15, 2017. Libraries that currently subscribe to these databases will continue to have access to these databases. However if your library is not already subscribed, you will not be able to view these databases in the Knowledgebase.
This is the list of the four Books24x7 databases which will be hidden in the Knowledgebase on May 15, 2017:
|Books24x7 Well-BeingEssentials Collection
|Books24x7 ExecBlueprints Collection
|Books24x7 GovEssentials Collection
|Books24x7 EnglishEssentials Collection
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after May 15, 2017.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 14-April-2017