360 Counter and Intota: Finding Duplicate Titles in Usage-Data Reports to be Uploaded
- Product: 360 Counter and Intota
How do I find and get rid of duplicate titles in usage-data reports before uploading into 360 Counter or Intota?
Sometimes the usage-data reports you receive from a provider contain duplicate titles. Before uploading the report into 360 Counter's or Intota's Consolidated Reports system, you need to remove those.
Here is an easy way to find duplicate titles using Microsoft Excel 2007, as suggested by a customer. We believe the process is essentially the same for later versions of Excel as well:
- Highlight the whole column(s) you want to check for duplicates.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles section, click Conditional Formatting, then select Highlight Cells Rules, then select Duplicate Values.
- Choose a color combination you like and click OK.
- You can scroll down and look for color, or simply use the Filter by Color function (described in Excel's help files).
- If you find a duplicate, you can delete the line or change the text and the color goes away.
You should clear the conditional-formatting function before leaving the spreadsheet. On big spreadsheets, leaving it activated can really slow down sorting, saving, and so forth:
- Go back to the Conditional Formatting function.
- At the bottom of the Conditional Formatting drop-down menu, select Clear Rules and then Clear Rules from Entire Sheet.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7184