- Article Type: General
- Product: MetaLib
- Product Version: 3
We would like to search a subset of Sage Journals hosted via the Highwire Press platform. We need help creating a record for the Sage Journals Online based on the existing Highwire Press resource in the CKB. Any suggestions on how we can set up such a configuration?
In order to limit the SAGE Journals resource to only search particular SAGE journals, make the following adjustments to the Hostname:Port field in the local SAGE Journals Online IRD:
1) Go to the Web page http://online.sagepub.com/cgi/search
2) In the field called "Specify Journals to Search" Mark the radio button "Journals selected from list at bottom of page".
3) Go to the complete SAGE Journals list at http://online.sagepub.com/cgi/search#list
4) Mark the boxes next to the journals you would like to include in your SAGE Journals ONLINE search via MetaLib.
5) Click on the "Search" button.
6) Copy the URL of the search results page and paste it in a document. The URL will look something like this:
7) The codes of the journals you searched in will appear in the URL in the format: journal_set=XXXXX.
For example: "journal_set=spach" represents the Accounting History Journal.
8) Add the following at the end of the existing Hostname:Port field in the local SAGE Journals Online IRD, copying the relevant journal codes from the result page URL:
For example, if you only want to search the Accounting History Journal, your Hostname:Port field would look like this:
Add an additional &journal_set=XXXXX for each journal you wish to include in the search, with the relevant journal code
Remember to end the Hostname:Port field with an "&".
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013