Pivot-RP's Conferences and Papers Invited database is a comprehensive collection of calls for papers issued by professional bodies, journal editors, and other conference organizers in all academic disciplines from all over the world. This feature enables you to search for and identify upcoming conferences and special journal issues where you can present and publish your research.
Searching Conferences and Papers Invited
Pivot-RP offers basic and advanced text search in Conferences and Papers Invited. In addition, you can browse by topic.
In the results, you can view specific invitations. See Viewing Invited Papers.
Basic Text Search
To perform a basic text search, use either of the following search areas:
The Conferences tab on the search box in the main menu of your My Funding Opportunities lists.Search the Conferences in Main Menu
The search box at the top of the Conferences and Papers Invited page (Conferences).Search on the Conferences and Papers Invited Page
- Each word is looked for independently. So a search for baseball football returns items that match both words anywhere in the item. This is the same as searching for baseball AND football.
- Do not use the articles a, an, or the.
- Searches are case insensitive.
- With the exception of the hyphen, do not use punctuation marks (slashes, commas, and so forth). Punctuation marks may return erroneous results. This also applies to monetary amounts: leave out any commas or periods: use 10000 instead of $10,000.
- Use double quotes to search for an exact phrase. "baseball football" returns only items with those two words in sequence.
- baseball OR football returns items with either or both words.
- baseball NOT football returns items containing baseball but not containing football.
- bas* returns items with words that start with bas, such as baseball and basket.
- (gene w/2 mouse) OR "mouse genome" returns items that have the word gene within two words of the word mouse or that contain the exact phrase mouse genome.
Advanced Text Search
On the Conferences and Papers Invited page, select Advanced Search. The Funding Advanced Search page appears.
Select, enter, edit, or clear filters to expand or narrow your search and select Search. On the search results page, you will have the opportunity to clear any of these filters or to further filter the results.
- Search conferences / Search special issues – Return only invitations to conferences / special issues.
- Search in – Enter text in the text field (see basic search for more information) and select one or more fields in which to search for this text (Conference name and/or Abstract).
- Dates – Return only invitations with an abstract submission deadline, manuscript submission deadline, or event date before or after a relative or absolute date or date range.
- Country – Return only invitations matching any of the selected countries.
- Keywords – Return only invitations that match any of the selected keywords (topics). Keywords are mapped to the keywords created by Pivot-RP's editorial team.
Viewing Conferences and Papers Invited
After searching Conferences and Papers Invited, the results appear in a list, with facets on the left.
Each result displays general information about the invitation. To see more information, select the invitation title.
On this page you can see the invitation details, including important deadlines. Actions you can perform on this page include:
- Select the website URL to open the website.
- Select one of the keywords of the invitation to ses other invitations matching the keyword.