- Article Type: General
- Product: Primo
Desired Outcome Goal:
To configure the multi-lingual translation of the availability display in the Primo Front End.
No Primo code table exists to translate the $$1 value in the display/availability or enrichment/avialability into multiple languages. Concatenating the Library ($$L) and Location ($$1) values allows the availabilty statement to be translated into multiple languages when user change the Primo Interface language in the Primo Front End.
PART I- Update Your insitution configuration:
1. Compile a list of ILS library and locations codes and format the list to handle multiple languages as documented in Primo Back Office Guide (see ** in Additional Information).
NOTE: Source ILS Library Code values must be entered in lower case.
2. Go to the Primo Institutons list: Primo Home > Initial Configuration Wizards > Primo Configuration Wizard > Institutions and Libraries.
3. Click "Edit" next to the Institution to be updated. The Edit Institution page opens.
4. Scroll down to the "Load Libraries" section on the Edit Institution page.
5. Click the "Browse" button to select the Library List file (on the local machine)
6. Click "Load" to populate the Libraries table on the Edit Institution page.
PART II- Update normalization rules and reload
1. Navigate to the normalization rules for local ILS data: Primo Home > Advanced Configuration > Full Normalization Rule Configuration
2. Edit the following normalization rule section for enrichment/availability (III,SIRSI,Horizon) or delivery/availability (Voyager, Alma, Aleph).
3. Update the rule_group for the $$1 as follows:
Transformation= Copy as is
Action= Merge (no other delimeters)
4. Save and Deploy updated normalization rule set
5. Renormalize ILS data
5. Reindex Data
**For information on creating and loading the Libraries list file, see: Back Office Guide > Configuring Primo Institutions and Libraries > The Institution Wizard > Loading Libraries > The Structure of the Library List File
Category: Front End- Primo
Subject: Avaliability/RTA - Primo
- Article last edited: 5/7/2014