- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 3
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
Disabled a Refworks field for export by either:
- No check-mark in the "Enabled" column in Primo Back Office > Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > FRONTEND Sub-system > Refworks fields
- Deleted the row in Primo Back Office > Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > FRONTEND Sub-system > Refworks fields
Refworks field still sent when using "Actions > RefWorks" in the Primo Front End
1. Go to Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > FRONTEND sub-section > "Refworks Fields" Mapping Table
2. Select a row and un-check the "Enabled" box (e.g. the row with the RIS field value of "PB")
3. Save & Deploy the changes
4. Search for a record in the Front End
5. Send the record to Refworks by selecting "Actions > Refworks" in the Details Tab
6. Note that the citation sent still contains the row disabled in "Refworks Fields" (e.g. Publisher is still sent)
1. Select one of the first 10 custom display field (lds01 through lds10) that is not in use (e.g. lds08)
2. Go to Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > FRONTEND sub-section > "Refworks Fields"
3. Identify the row that should no longer be published (e.g. the RIS field has a value of "PB")
4. Change the "PNX Field" value to the select custom display field (e.g. change "publisher" to "lds08")
5. Deploy the change
Check the Additional Information section if the Mapping Table cannot be edited.
Changes to this mapping table apply to all RIS-based Actions: Refworks, EndNote, Connotea, EasyBib, and Export RIS.
Why can't I make changes to a Mapping Table?
See AlsoWhy are there duplicate publishers when exporting a record to Refworks?
Export to EasyBib doesn't use Refworks Fields Mapping Table
Category: Front End
Subject: Send to (print, save, email)
- Article last edited: 9/17/2014