- Article Type: General
- Product: Primo
Desired Outcome Goal
Add a link to every local Primo record that can be used later to access that record in Primo directly using dlsearch.do
1. Add a custom link in the Templates mapping table with the value:
Replace values in <brackets> with correct institution information.
2. Add a field to the “Full Display Labels” code table:
Description: Permalink to this record
3. Create a custom link field in the normalization rules:
Transformation: Copy As Is
The $$T field sets the template to use and the $$E value sets the display string.
4. In the Views Wizard > Tiles Display > Full Display > Full Results add the custom link field (e.g. lln02) to the links display.
5. Run a “deploy all”.
6. Run an re-normalization pipe to update the records.
Following Primo 4.6, Permalinks are now included by default in the Actions selector for each item, which makes the topic of this article mostly obsolete.
These permalinks don’t link directly to the item but rather to a search for the item by the ID. This gets around the problem with de-duplicated record ids, which are impossible to know during the link creation stage and prone to change with every re-normalization.
In Voyager, direct links to specific records are called Persistent Links. Persistent Link is another name for Permalink.
- Article last edited: 1/22/2016