- Product: Voyager, Primo
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local
We want to only maintain a recent selection of Voyager records in our Primo Sandbox and don't want to exceed a X number of records. How can we do this?
No preset process will maintain Primo sandbox at X number of records, but it can be periodically refreshed with a new set of records.
- Create new subdirectory under
../primo/Selective/where records to be harvested for the sandbox, rather than production, can be written (e.g.,
- Make a copy PrimoExp-Selective.ini (e.g., PrimoExp-Selective-sb.ini) and have it write records to the directory you created. e.g.,
- Identify records to be extracted. Options:
- Find the highest bib_id and subtract X to get a record range for the set of most recently added bib records.
- Query the db for the most recently added or updated X number of bib records and use the resulting bib_id list in the extract.
- Remove old records, run extract & harvest as needed to update sandbox:
- Run extract on Voyager server to harvest records. See How to run Selective extract. Be sure to use configuration file from step 2.
- In the Primo sandbox setup a Delete Data Source and Reload Pipe
- Run the Delete Data Source and Reload Pipe
- Article last edited: 22-Jul-2016