- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
How to extract all or select list or range of Voyager records for Primo
1. Connect to server via SSH or telnet.
2. cd /m1/voyager/xxxdb/ini
3. Compare configuration settings in PrimoExp-Publishing.ini and PrimoExp-Selective.ini. Should be using same enrichment tags, availability statuses, etc. Update PrimoExp-Selective.ini if necessary.
4. cd /m1/voyager/xxxdb/sbin
5. Run Selective extract (Pprimoexp.sel) with either a bib range or a list of bib_ids. (See examples in Additional Information.)
6. The Primo pipe will need to be run to pick up and process extracted records from /m1/voyager/xxxdb/primo/Selective/bundled when extract complete. Primo TotalCare customers should open Case in advance of running extract to request pipe setup from Primo TotalCare team.
Example 1: Extract all records in file /m1/incoming/PrimoBibs.txt
- Command to run: /m1/voyager/xxxdb/sbin/Pprimoexp.sel -f /m1/voyager/xxxdb/ini/PrimoExp-Selective.ini -F /m1/incoming/PrimoBibs.txt
- Result: any bib_id listed in PrimoBibs.txt will be extracted to /m1/voyager/xxxdb/primo/Selective/bundled.
Example 2: Extract a range of bib records (or all records)
- Command to run: /m1/voyager/xxxdb/sbin/Pprimoexp.sel -f /m1/voyager/xxxdb/ini/PrimoExp-Selective.ini -B1 -E200000
- Result: any unsuppressed bib (with no other exclusion conditions) between bib_id=1 and bib_id=200000 will be extracted to /m1/voyager/xxxdb/primo/Selective/bundled.
- To extract all records in database, use -E parameter with highest bib_id
- To identify highest bib_id in database, query bib_master: select max(bib_id) from bib_master
- Use the resulting value as -E parameter.
NOTE: Extracts should not be run for more than 250,000 records at one time. However, Selective extract by range of bib_id can be run for more records if done as multi-threaded extract for large numbers of records. See Possible to extract all records in one Voyager process?
NOTE ALSO: Additional mechanisms for filtering records to be extracted have been included in the PrimoExp-Selective.ini file since this Article was initially written. Please see the Voyager-Primo Integration Guide.
- Article last edited: 11/04/2019