- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Primo
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
What are the steps to troubleshoot and report an incorrect Google Books cover thumbnail which displays in Primo brief results and virtual browse?
1. Right click on the thumbnail and click on Properties. The address should start with https://books.google.com/books.
2. Go to https://books.google.com/books and search for the title of the book and verify if the book cover thumbnail displays correctly.
3. If yes, test the different values Primo uses to retrieve thumbnails. These are found in Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > Delivery > Templates. The template code for google_thumb is:
4. Retrieve the ISBN from the addata section of the PNX either by viewing the record in the PNX Viewer via the Back Office or by viewing the full record in the Front End and appending &showPnx=true to the URL.
5. Search for the ISBN in https://books.google.com/books.
6. Repeat steps #4 and #5 for OCLC and LCCN.
7. If a search by any of these values returns the wrong book cover thumbnail in Google Books, use the "Report Problems" link found here to report the error to Google.