Notifications is an opt-in, system-level interface that displays items requiring your attention. For this first phase of Rialto notifications, staff can elect to receive notifications centered on Rialto orders. Users who opt-in can receive a pop-up when an order is cancelled, rejected, or requires intervention. Users will also see them in the Notifications panel and/or choose to receive an email.
For information on viewing and managing user notifications, watch User Notifications (2:00 min).
This functionality is disabled by default. To enable it for your institution, contact Ex Libris Customer Support.
When this functionality is enabled, emails are not enabled per user as the default. Individual users must opt into emails on their own.
The Notifications Panel
The Notifications list is a helpful way to view Rialto orders requiring your attention for the last month. After one month's time, all notifications are deleted. The order of the notifications is from the most recent and down, by time and date.
- To open the Notifications panel, select the icon on the persistent menu bar in Alma. The system checks for changes to your tasks every few minutes, and if new changes exist, the counter is displayed on the icon - .
- To have the panel constantly displayed, pin it to Alma screen by selecting the icon.
Configuring the Notifications
You control which notifications you receive and do not receive. These selections can be made and configured at any moment. You can opt to receive notifications to your email box, or see them as pop-up messages. All notifications will be present within the panel.
- Click the bell icon on the navigation
- Click the icon to open the configuration section of the Notifications panel.
- To enable notifications of a certain category (Market, etc.), toggle on the control.
- To enable specific notification types within the category (for example, notifications on the creation on new PO lines), select the relevant checkbox.
- To opt in to receive notifications to your email box, click Notification Preferences, and then select the "Email" checkbox.
Emails are sent to the address defined as your 'Primary' email address. The Alma Administrator needs to make sure that the email is in the email allowed list in Alma.
- To opt in to received notifications as pop-up messages, click Notification Preferences, and then select the "Pop-up (immediate)" checkbox. Example of a popup notificaiton:
Working with Notifications
|Change the state from Unread to Read||
A dismissed notification is deleted immediately and cannot be restored.
You can filter notifications by:
|Jump to the item||Select the Go To link. This opens the relevant item in Alma / Rialto.|
|Block notifications of a certain type||
If you are not interested in receiving notifications of a certain type (for example, notifications on the creation on new PO lines), you can block them.