- Product: Rosetta
- Product Version: v5+
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
Rosetta collections enable users to aggregate IEs so that they can be preserved according to their original hierarchy.
Editors (Typical and Full) and Data Managers (Typical and Full) have access to collections from the Data Management > Collection Management menu.
These authorized users can create, update, and delete collections under the correct circumstances.
1+ associated IEs (IEs include the Collection ID)
A unique path and any optional sub-collections (collection/sub-collection/etc.)
Metadata in DC format—stored as shared metadata in the permanent repository
Optional source metadata in any non-DC format (e.g. EAD or MARC)
Note that this workflow does not apply to CSV ingest; refer to the "Additional Information" section below for information on creating collections during CSV ingest.
After completing this how-to you will know how to add IEs to a collection during ingest.
To create a collection during ingest based on a dc element in the metadata:
1. Be sure that the collection name resides in a dc or dcterms field in the xml metadata for ingest (e.g. "dcterms:isPartOf"):
In the above collection hierarchy example, the IEs will get linked to the last of the three collection nodes ("Landscapes").
2. Be sure that you've configured an automated ingest material flow and submission job to ingest this content.
3. Connect to the Administration Module (with Admin level permissions) and navigate to Home > Repository > Task Chains > Fliter: Enrichment.
4. Click on the "Add Task Chain" button and complete the following mandatory fields and click "Save":
a. Task Name: (e.g.) "Assign Photographs Collection By DC"
b. Description: (e.g.) "Assign Photographs Collection By DC" for creating collections during ingest
c. Status: Active
d. Task Chain Level: IE
e. Groups: (e.g.) Enrichment and Maintenance
5. In the Task List tab click on the "Add Task" button and choose the "Assign Collection By DC" task, click "Add".
6. Click on the Task Parameters tab and add the following parameters:
a. DC field: (e.g.) dcterms:isPartOf
b. Deliminter: /
c. Generate New Collections: Yes
d. Delete on Assignment: No
7. Toggle back to the Management Module and navigate to Submissions > Advanced Tools > SIP Processing Configuration.
If you've already created a SIP Processing configuration, be sure that your new enrichment routine (e.g. "Assign Photographs Collection By DC") is selected in the Enrichment Routine field in the "Enrichment - Post Approval Automatic Stage" section.
Otherwise, you will need to create a SIP Processing configuration that links to the "Assign Photographs Collection By DC" enrichment routine (task).
8. Navigate to Submissions > Advanced Tools > SIP Routing Rules.
If you've already created a SIP Routing Rules, make sure they are linked back to your SIP Processing Configuration via the "Process Configuration Id" in the "Output Parameters" section.
9. When you run your submission job, it will call your material flow, which is also linked to your SIP Routing Rules and Processing Configuration.
10. Once the content has been successfully ingested you can navigate to Data Management > Collection Management and locate your new collection in the left pane.
When you expand the hierarchical Photographs, Color, and Landscapes nodes you should see your IE(s) linked to the 'Landscapes' collection node.
11. For ongoing automatic collection assignment of IEs in the repository, please refer to the "Assign Collection by Name (post-ingest)" article.
v5.3 Rosetta Staff User’s Guide (chap 42 - "Collections")
Refer to the Assign Collection by Name (post-ingest) Article for instructions on how to add IEs to a collection on an ongoing basis.
- Article last edited: 30-Oct-2017