Next Releases Sneak Preview
The features below are currently planned for the next release. However, some of these features may, for various reasons, not be included in this month's release, but rather in a future Rosetta release.
Release 6.1 (June 2019)
- Reliable Indexing – Major upgrade of Solr to SolrCloud, providing high scalability, fault tolerance, and distributed indexing.
- Java Major upgrade to Java 11.
- Additional Upgrades – XSLT 2.0, Universal Viewer, and more.
- Simplified system setup – As part of an on-going effort to facilitate the system configuration, 6.1 will provide a “slim” and clear material flow setup, which will be available for a default basic staff profile.
- Enhanced out-of-the-box configurations – Additional out-of-the-box setup options will provide a more streamlined material flow setup experience. These will include Bagit ingests and others.
- Advanced viewer configuration – The embedded IE viewer will include many more configuration options, including detailed download control, further sharing possibilities, and other UX related options.
- Improved Viewers’ Usability – Allow users to navigate between files from the full-screen mode, configure Universal Viewer to download original hi-res image, rotate and print in OpenSeaDragon file viewer, and more.
- User Preferences – TA workbench will be customizable, expanding the existing list of customizable pages in Rosetta.
- Format Library Releases – Introducing additional information - title of manually uploaded Format Library releases and deployment date for all releases.
- Unassign SIPs – Enable content assessors to unassign SIPs assigned to another staff member.
- API – Get SIP Status API to return number of IEs. This will allow monitoring of completed SIPs with no IEs.
- Abort Ingest – Add the possibility to abort queued deposited SIPs.
Release 6.2 (December 2019)
- Upgrade to Oracle 19
- Simplified workflows - Simplify setup of material flows, facilitating the usage of the system
- Simplified preservation planning - Provide an additional simplified preservation planning flow for pre-defined migration plans
- Improved Reports mechanism
- Extend personalized user preferences to further pages
- Support delete representations
- Improve SIP processing parallelization
- Improved reporting of data inconsistencies
- Enhanced API update of AIP, allowing better control of IE version increments
- Extend repository task plugin to update all DNX fields
- Multiple Storage plugin
- Video streaming - Conversion of selected video / audio formats to streaming format
2020 and beyond..
- IxIF - Extend IIIF viewers to render non-image sequences, including audio-visual, 3D, PDFs and more
- Nested IEs - Enriched data model, providing advanced hierarchical data structure
- Multiple format identification