- Product: SFX
- Product Version: 4
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
When trying logging into the SFXAdmin, the following message is being displayed:
“SFXAdmin is not accessible, the database is being updated Please try again later.”
Check if any process that locks the Admin is currently running on the server using the following commands:
ps -ef | grep rev-up ps -ef | grep rollback ps -ef | grep backup ps -ef | grep publish
Is one of these processes currently running?
If yes, the SFXAdmin should be locked until the end of the process.
If not, search for the lock file and removed it:
- Move to tmp directory:
cd /exlibris/sfx_ver/sfx4_1/tmp ls -lrta
- Search for the lock file (starts with .revision_lock) and remove it.
Is the SFXAdmin still locked?
- Check if there is a lock in the database:
mysql -usfxglb41 -p<mysql_password> sfxglb41 (for example: mysql -usfxglb41 -psfxglb41 sfxglb41)
select * from CONTROL where CONTROL_GROUP='sfx_admin';
- If the CONTROL_VALUE=1, change it to 0:
update CONTROL set CONTROL_VALUE=0 where CONTROL_GROUP='sfx_admin';
- After the above steps you should be able to access the SFXAdmin.
- Article last edited: 27-Nov-2016