- Article Type: General
- Product: SFX
- Product Version: 4.7.2
Desired Outcome Goal:
Activate the EX_LIBRIS_PRIMO target in SFX and configure the linking parameters for the institution's Primo instance.
1. Locate the EX_LIBRIS_PRIMO target in SFX Admin and edit the getHolding service.
2. For the $$INST parameter, enter the institution code for Primo.
3. For $$SEARCH_CONDITION, enter the "Search Scope" for the institution in Primo.
4. For $$SERVER, enter the URL and Port for the institutions Primo instance
5. For $$VID, enter the View ID for the institutions Primo view.
6. In SFX Admin activate the EX_LIBRIS_PRIMO target and service.
To locate the $$SEARCH_CONDITION and $VID parameters in Primo Back Office :
1. Log into Primo Back Office:
2. Click Ongoing Configuration Wizards > Views Wizard
3. Locate the correct institution under "Owner", and click "Edit"
4. From this display the value for "Code" corresponds to the $$VID parameter.
5. Click "Save and Continue"
6. From this display locate the desired "Search Scope" will typically be given the description "Everything" but this will depend on the intended use of the target by the institution as well as the Search Scope configuration in Primo. The value for $$SEARCH_CONDITION is taken from the "Name" column.
- Article last edited: 3/18/2015