Why do I get an error page when linking out to EBSCOhost databases?
- Product: 360 Link, SFX, Alma UResolver, Summon, Primo
- Product Version: all
When linking out from an OpenURL link resolver or Summon/Primo, the screen below will appear.
There are two possible reasons:
- Metadata is inaccurate or missing
- EBSCO has not made this article discoverable via OpenURL
- To determine which issue it is, attempt to browse to the article via a journal level link.
- If the article is available, compare the metadata from the OpenURL resolver/Summon/Primo.
If the metadata from the OpenURL resolver/Summon/Primo does not match the EBSCO citation or is inaccurate/incomplete, contact the referring source (found in the SID OpenURL parameter) to see if it can be corrected.
If the article is missing on the EBSCO platform, contact EBSCOhost to see if they can add it.
If the article is available and the metadata matches/is correct, please contact EBSCOhost for further assistance. An example request is below.
Hello EBSCO technical support,
I/a patron received an OpenURL error screen when trying to access this article:
I came from this link: [OpenURL link]
I have verified that the article is available on your platform and the metadata is correct.
Can you please assist with this issue?
Why are OpenURL links from EBSCOhost failing?
- Article last edited: 18-May-2017