- Product: Summon
How does Summon link users to catalog records?
This page is part of a larger set of documentation about using linking to results in Summon.
Direct Links to Content in Your Catalog
Direct links to content will be provided for items that meet the following criteria:
The content type is either e-book, e-journal or journal
Only one 856 link is present
If more than one 856 link is present in the MARC record, a link to the catalog will be used instead of a direct link to content (see Links to Catalog Records below). Links to catalog content will always appear for each result in the Summon service separate from any other sources as long as the content exists in the catalog.
Links to Catalog Records
- A Detail Page within the Summon service, providing a preview of the full OPAC record and display of additional enrichment content and custom text.
- A direct link into the library's OPAC for display of full record details.
- LibraryThing rating.
- Table of Contents, Summary, and/or Reviews from Syndetics if library has a Syndetics subscription. Libraries without a subscription see Table of Contents and Summary if available in the Summon record.
- Book reviews available within the library's holdings.
- Custom Messages such as Lending Policies.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 4-Jun-2015
- Old Article Number: 8809