- Product: Summon
How do I configure the Detail Page view for my catalog records viewed within the Summon service?
This is part of a larger set of documentation about using the Administration Console to configure your Summon service.
Use the Detail Page to turn ON/OFF and configure the optional display of catalog records within the Summon service. By default, linking to a catalog record occurs via a direct link into the library's OPAC for display of full record details.
Log on to the Client Center.
Select Summon Administration Console.
Select the Pages tab.
Select the Detail Page tab
Detail Page Settings
By default the Detail Page is Disabled and linking to a catalog record occurs via a direct link into the library's OPAC for display of full record details. To turn on the Detail Page, select Enabled.
Reserve Link (Reserve Button)
Choose to Enable the Reserve button that displays at the top of the Detail Page.
When Enabled, a user can click the button and the Summon service will point to the record in the library catalog.
If your library has the 360 MARC Updates service uploading records directly to Summon, the Reserve Link (Reserve Button) section will likely display form fields below the Enable / Disable radio buttons however you do not need to enter anything into these fields.
Interlibrary Loan (Request Button)
Choose to Enable the Request button that displays at the top of the catalog Detail Page and at the top of the A&I (Abstracting and Indexing) Detail Page. When enabled, a user can click the button and the Summon service will submit a request to the library's Interlibrary Loan form.
- Enabling the Request button is independent of enabling the Detail Page itself, so if your library does provide an OPAC to your users and you want the Request button to display only on the A&I Detail Page, you can leave the Detail Page as Disabled, yet Enable the Request button.
- If you enable both the Detail Page and the Request button, the button will display on both Detail pages (catalog and A&I).
In the Interlibrary Loan Base URL field, enter either your ILL base URL or your link resolver base URL (note that the link resolver needs to be able to receive a citation via OpenURL 1.0). The Summon service will append OpenURL to your base URL. An ILL system that only supports OpenURL 0.1 will not see the citation auto-populate the ILL fields.
The Interlibrary Loan Base URL field also supports a fixed URL, such as the URL for the landing page your library uses for all ILL requests. If you enter a fixed URL, Summon will not append OpenURL to it.
A couple of examples of base URLs:
If you use ILLiad for interlibrary loan, your base URL might look something like this:
or it might look something like:
If you use 360 Link as your link resolver, your base URL will be:
where [CLIENT ID] is your library's Serials Solutions Client ID, a unique code of several letters and numbers assigned to your library. See Serials Solutions Client ID for details on where to find your ID within the Client Center or Intota.
Add/delete a custom text such as Lending Policies. The top field is the section header. The Custom Text editor supports rich text formatting options.
By default, the following enrichment content is set to Active. You can re-order the content by dragging and dropping, and you can hide content by dragging to the Available column on the right:
- LibraryThing rating.
- For a library with a Syndetics subscription:
- Table of Contents
- Book Reviews (Summon) available within the library's holdings
- Custom Messages that have been created using the Custom Text section of this page
- Syndetics Unbound
- Syndetics Unbound customers can add enrichment elements including Title Recommendations, Author Information, Look Inside the Book, Series Information, Professional Reviews, Reader Reviews, Tags, Book Profiles, Awards and more. See below example of the More From Syndetics Unbound section of the Detail Page.
- For further details see the Syndetics section of Summon: Settings.
- The Default Database Name is displayed as the Source name on the Detail Page.
- The Default URL is used as the Source URL on the Detail Page.
To change the Source name on the Detail Page, use the Support Portal option near the top of the page to notify us.
To change the Source URL on the Detail Page, update the Database Details page for your catalog with a Custom URL. Such a change will take effect in 48 hours in your Summon service.
Click Save to apply your changes to the user interface. Changes take effect in 5 minutes.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 31-July-2019
- Old Article Number: 8742