- Product: Summon
What happens when we submit a new, full load of our library's catalog to the Summon FTP?
Beginning June 2017, the process for requesting a new full catalog load using the Summon FTP will change. Instead of submitting a Support Portal case, customers will now submit the request directly through the Summon Administration Console. The submitted request will automatically create an open ticket for the Content Operations team to process the load.
If you would like to submit mapping changes in conjunction with your new full load, follow the instructions here and submit a Support Portal case. Please note in your ticket you have also submitted a new full load and we will apply the mapping changes before putting the new full load into the index.
How do I submit a new full load?
- Prerequisite: Publish the full set of catalog records to FULL folder in the Summon FTP.
- Log into the Summon Admin Console
- Navigate to Content Ingestion and click on Full Catalog Load
- Select the source and Package for the Catalog to be loaded.
- Enter the number of records to be processed.
- Optional: Add File Names (e.g. sourceid-catalog-full-2017-05-30-13-Pr18-58.marc)
- Click the Process Full Load button. The page will refresh with the request status and a reference number. Full load requests for additional catalog packages will display on separate rows. The records will be indexed as soon as possible, usually within the next 3 weeks.
Continue to send changes and deletes as usual. They will be processed after the new full load has gone live.
- If an issue arises during processing, the ticket Status will be updated with instructions.
- The Status will display as Live when the records are available in the Summon Index.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 15-June-2017
Old Article Number: 8816