- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
- Operator adds item location to MFHD record, receives error: "Unauthorized or invalid location in subfield 'b' of 852"
- Operator attempts to validate location in Cataloging; location does not display in list of "Valid Values"
Location not in list of selected locations in Cataloging Profile associated with operator.
Add location to list of Selected Locations by performing the following:
1. Go to System Administration > Security > Cataloging Profiles > (choose profile) > Locations tab.
2. Find location in Available Locations (on left)
3. Move location to Selected Locations (on right)
4. Click "Save" button
Log out of the Cataloging client after making this change in SYSADMIN, then log back in and test.
Remember that in the 852 subfield b that the Location Code is case sensitive. If the code is MAIN and you enter Main, you will receive this error. Enter CTRL-L to see a list of valid Location Codes.
- Article last edited: 11/19/2019