- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
How to create an operator and give operator access to modules?
- System Administration > Security > Operator Profiles > New
- Fill in required information on Operator tab: First Name, Last Name, ID, Password.
- If you wish to force the operator to reset password the first time operator logs in, check "Expire password immediately"
- If you want the password to never expire (overriding any password expiration rules that have been set in Security Options), check "This password never expires"
- System Administration > Security > [Acquisitions/Serials / Circulation / Cataloging / Global Data Change] Profiles
- For any module operator needs access to, open corresponding set of Security Profiles.
- Choose a Security Profile with permissions and locations the operator needs access to > Edit.
- Move operator from Available to Selected column in Operators tab.
An operator may belong to only one Security Profile per module.
Follow step 2 to give existing operators new permissions in clients.
To increase operator functional capabilities you can edit an existing Security Profile, create a new (enhanced) Security Profile and assign the new Profile to the operator, or create an additional operator account and assign an enhanced Security Profile to that new operator account. Methods depend on Best Practices and individual site configurations and needs.
- Article last edited: 18-May-2019