- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.0.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
* Retain historical browse setting enabled in System Administration
* Attempting discharge of available item (browse) results in "An error occurred while attempting to process discharge request"
VYG-6026 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
1. Find an available item and note its barcode.
2. In System Administration > System > Events > BROWSE > Edit > check box for Retain to enable logging of browse discharges and Save.
3. Log into Circulation as operator with 10-character operator ID.
4. Note that 10 character ID is valid for field OPERATOR_ID in database; field is VARCHAR2(10) in both OPERATOR and EVENT tables.
5. Click Discharge.
6. Enter item barcode from step 1.
7. Receive error: "An error occurred while attempting to process discharge request."
8. log.voyager also logs circsvr error:
circsvr - THEWORKS - Wed Aug 13 13:25:56 2014
- SQLError - search_sql__ppc.cxx
Function code: 3 query="insert into event (event_id,item_id,item_type_code,item_location_id,patron_id,patron_group_code,oper_id,circ_location_id,event_type_id,event_date) values (:b0,:b1,:b2,:b3,:b4,:b5,:b6,:b7,:b8,sysdate)"
1. System Administration > Security > Operators
2. Create new operator_id with 9 characters or fewer.
3. Save and use new operator_id instead of 10-character operator_id.
1. System Administration > System > Events > BROWSE
2. Click Edit.
3. Uncheck Retain.
- Article last edited: 1/6/2015