Browse discharge fails if performed by 10-char operator_id with event logging enabled
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.0.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
- Retain historical browse setting enabled in System Administration
- Attempting discharge of available item (browse) results in "An error occurred while attempting to process discharge request"
VYG-6026 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
- Find an available item and note its barcode.
- In System Administration > System > Events > BROWSE > Edit > check box for Retain to enable logging of browse discharges and Save.
- Log into Circulation as operator with 10-character operator ID.
- Note that 10 character ID is valid for field OPERATOR_ID in database; field is VARCHAR2(10) in both OPERATOR and EVENT tables.
- Click Discharge.
- Enter item barcode from step 1.
- Receive error: "An error occurred while attempting to process discharge request."
- log.voyager also logs circsvr error:
circsvr - THEWORKS - Wed Aug 13 13:25:56 2014
- SQLError - search_sql__ppc.cxx
Function code: 3 query="insert into event (event_id,item_id,item_type_code,item_location_id,patron_id,patron_group_code,oper_id,circ_location_id,event_type_id,event_date) values (:b0,:b1,:b2,:b3,:b4,:b5,:b6,:b7,:b8,sysdate)"
- System Administration > Security > Operators
- Create new operator_id with 9 characters or fewer.
- Save and use new operator_id instead of 10-character operator_id.
- System Administration > System > Events > BROWSE
- Click Edit.
- Uncheck Retain.
- Article last edited: 06-Jan-2015