- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
* Cataloging becomes unresponsive when Authority Validation > Create Auth for 100/240 heading containing 880 pair
This behavior is the result of Issue VYG-6058.
VYG-6058 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.1 and higher.
1. Cataloging > Options > Preferences > Validation > Uncheck "Bypass Authority Control Validation"
2. Click OK
3. Record > Import > Import from new file
4. Click Save to DB
5. Highlight 100/240 heading (partially validated if name heading authorized in db; nonexistent heading if it does not).
6. Click Create Auth
Result: Cataloging becomes unresponsive and must be closed via Task Manager.
7. Remove 880 pairing from the record:
7.a. Delete 240 subfield 6
7.b. Delete 880 field
8. Repeat steps 4-6.
Result: Authority record is successfully created.
Workaround: Manually create Authority record.
Category: Cataloging - Voyager
- Article last edited: 8/18/2014