CAT: Overlay bibliographic records attached to PO affects limits
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-16337
Module(s): Cataloging, Acquisitions
Release(s) replicated in: 8.0.0
Expected results: When overlay brief bib with full bib record in Cataloging, bibs should still be found when using applicable limits.
Actual results: If brief bib is attached to PO and has not been Received, when overlaid, it will not be found when using certain limits that should find the record.
Workflow implications: Some records cannot be found using limits.
1. In Acquisitions, create a PO and add a bib using a template.
2. Approve the PO but do not receive the line item.
3. In CAT, make sure that the brief bib can be found using the limit Medium: Videorecording.
4. Find, create, or bulk import a full record that you want to use to overlay the record. Again, make sure this record can be found using the limit Medium: Videorecording. You now have two records in the database -- the full record and the brief record to overlay -- and both are findable with the limit Medium: Videorecording.
5. Overlay the brief bib with the full bib record using Record > Overlay Bibliographic Record.
6. Search for the overlaid record again using Medium: Videorecording. It will not be in search results.
Other information: Replicated also with Medium: Projected Graphic. Unable to replicate if line item has been received before record is overlaid. Unable to replicate if bib record is replaced via bulk import.
Workaround: Receive line items before importing records; OR
In duplicate detection profile for import rule, check the box for “Discard incoming records that do not match existing records.” This will place records that don’t match into a separate file, rather than importing them into the database; they can then be imported manually with a duplicate detection profile that will match them to the existing bibs without requiring the use of the Overlay function.
To make records retrievable again, make a copy of the record, relink the PO and holdings to the copy, and delete the original.
Fixed for Voyager 8.1.2.
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015