Can't retrieve records with limits; serial not retrieved via JALL or JKEY
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2.0
- Cannot retrieve a journal via a left-anchored or keyword journal title search
- Record is cataloged properly (i.e. has a bib level = s)
- NOTE: Other limit searches are affected, not just journal title
The cache_segs cache_maps is responsible for limits, including the limit of s for serial titles. Occasionally the cache_segs and cache_maps tables get out of synch due to bib editing and updating, particularly when there's a lot of simultaneous cataloging occurring (similar to the keyword indexes).
This issue is not uncommon when using the -M flag with Bulk Import (allow multiple instances of bulk import).
This is not a bug; maintenance work needs to be done periodically.
- Voyager Support can run a script to resolve this issue.
- In Voyager 9.2.0 and higher, this has been automated for anyone to run with an option in the UTIL menu (Index Maintenance > Clear Cache tables).
Please contact Voyager Support for assistance.
For more information on using the UTIL menu to clear cache tables, see UTIL Menu documentation.
- Article last edited: 08-Jun-2016