- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Can items be batch discharged?
Use case 1: A lot of items were given a Lost status years ago and we would like to discharge them all from the patrons.
Use case 2: Discharging browsed items left in the stacks.
There is no batch discharge function in Voyager. In part this is because pop-up exceptions that require an action by the operator greatly complicate automated discharge workflows.
One way to expedite manually discharging a large number of lost items (use case 1 above) is to print the barcodes in barcode font and use a barcode scanner to discharge the items in the Circulation client:
- Query for barcodes associated with items. Example queries that look for items with status of 13 or 14 (Lost--Library Applied or Lost--System Applied):
FROM ITEM_BARCODE INNER JOIN ITEM_STATUS ON ITEM_BARCODE.ITEM_ID = ITEM_STATUS.ITEM_ID
WHERE (((ITEM_STATUS.ITEM_STATUS)="13" Or (ITEM_STATUS.ITEM_STATUS)="14"));
SELECT ITEM_BARCODE.ITEM_BARCODE FROM ITEM_BARCODE , ITEM_STATUS WHERE ITEM_BARCODE.ITEM_ID=ITEM_STATUS.ITEM_ID AND ITEM_STATUS.ITEM_STATUS IN (13,14);
- Print barcodes in barcode font. Example:
- Open Circulation > Discharge
- Use barcode scanner to scan each barcode into Circulation client discharge window.
A similar workflow could also be used for browsed items (use case 2 above).
In this situation you can:
- Scan the barcodes into a file
- Print the barcodes in barcode font
- Process as above using a barcode scanner to scan each printed barcode into the Circulation client.
The barcode font that is included with Voyager is called "Barcode 3 of 9".
- Article last edited: 14-May-2019