- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Is it possible to use Voyager patron XML utilities to purge patron statistical codes?
Is it possible to delete patron statistical codes without deleting the patron record?
Patron XML utilities may let you do some version of batch updates to patron statistical codes, but not exactly purging:
- You can use the XML export utility and export by patron ID if you know which patrons you want to update.
- You can set patron statistical codes to Overlay - which means whatever is in the XML patron record as patron statistical codes will replace any existing patron statistical codes.
- If there are multiple patron statistical codes, you can remove the ones you don't want to retain, run the XML import and only those statistical codes in the XML record will remain.
- If updating patron statistical codes in any way, at least one patron statistical code must be in the XML record for the patron - so it's not possible to batch delete all statistical codes for the patron, as at least one must exist in order to update any patron statistical codes.
So, in short, it's not possible to batch delete patron statistical codes, but you can batch overlay the existing set of patron statistical codes with new ones.
You can view the XSD that governs the XML for patron import here: https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/resources/voyager/PatronSchema.xsd
- Article last edited: 14-Jan-2022