- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.0
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-10689
Server platform(s) affected: Solaris
Release(s) replicated in: 8.0
If a short loan request exists for one patron, if another patron attempts to charge the item for a period that encompasses the start time of the request, the system should return an overrideable block that indicates the item is already scheduled for a short loan.
If there is no specific short loan matrix for a patron group/item type (meaning the (all)/(all) matrix is used) and a short loan request exists for another patron (that does have its own short loan matrix), when you attempt the charge you get an error message stating 'Item is designated for short loan, but has an invalid loan interval or loan period. Unable to charge item to patron (Non-Overrideable).' If you click OK to this block, the item is charged to the patron.
Workflow implications: Short loan items may be charged for a loan period that includes previously scheduled requests.
1. Create a short loan matrix for a particular item type/ patron group combination.
2. Create an item with the item type in step 1 and a patron record with a patron group from step 1.
3. Create a patron record with a patron group that does NOT have a short loan matrix entry for the item type in step 1.
4. Create a short loan request for item using a patron record that has the patron group from step 1.
5. Just before the start time of the request you created in step 4, attempt charge the item created in step 2 to the patron created in step 3.
6. Receive "Item is designated for short loan, but has an invalid loan interval or loan period. Unable to charge item to patron (Non-Overrideable)." message.
7. Click 'OK' to the message instead of Cancel -- the item will be charged to the patron using the (all)/(all) matrix in the same policy definition, meaning the item will no longer be available for the request created in step 4.
If you *do* have a short loan matrix for this particular patron group/item type, if a short loan request exists and you attempt to charge the item to a this patron, you get a block with an Override stating 'Item is scheduled out for a short loan request on 9/21/2011 at 11:00 am.' That's the block that should display in step 6.
Workaround: Create a matrix for every possible short loan item type/ patron group combination. Be sure to leave charge/renew unchecked for any combination you do not want to be able to allow circulation.
Fixed in Circulation for 8.1.2.
- Article last edited: 3/18/2015