- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What are the number of bibliographic records (BIB, MFHD, etc.) in Voyager?
There are several ways you can find the number of records in Voyager.
- One of the easiest ways is to go into your Prepackaged Access Reports, and then go to the left hand side of the Access screen. At the top of the navigation pane select the drop-down menu, and change the selection to "Forms". Run the "Voyager Record Counts" Form. This form will show you the counts for all record types in Voyager, including all bibliographic record types (including Items, Patrons, etc.).
- Another easy way to get the counts of bibliographic records is to login to your Voyager server as the voyager user via SSH, and run the UTIL menu (Library Utilities). Select menu option S (Linux Maintenance Activities), and then select option A (System Review). This will provide counts of your Authority, BIB, and MFHD bibliographic records. See the Voyager UTIL Menu Guide for more information.
- You can also create queries in Prepackaged Reports to Count the number of rows in a given table (for example, the AUTH_MASTER table. Here's an example of such a query:
SELECT Count(AUTH_MASTER.AUTH_ID) AS CountOfAUTH_ID FROM AUTH_MASTER;
Note that these three methods should all provide the same metrics and are counting the number of rows in the appropriate tables to come up with the data.
These three methods do not show you the "highest" record ID (e.g., the "highest" BIB_ID number). The following is an example Prepackaged Reports query to get the highest (e.g., maximum) BIB_ID number:
SELECT Max(BIB_MASTER.BIB_ID) AS MaxOfBIB_ID FROM BIB_MASTER;
- Article last edited: 05-Sep-2019