- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0 - 9.1.0
New value in fixed field added in wrong position
Issue VYG-5808 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
- Create a Data Change Rule Set to
- add an 006 field
- 006 field has only 1 value, m in byte 00
- Add Data Change Rule Set to Data Change Rule Set Group.
- Run a Data Change Job to add this 006 field to 1 or more records.
- Create a Data Change Rule Set to add value o to byte 06 in 006 field.
- Preview change with set of records from steps 1-2. Note that the value o is added in byte 01.
- Run a Data Change Job to add this value to the 006 fields in the same record set used in step 1-2. Note that value o is added to byte 01 in the 006 field.
If 006 is already added to the record, fill any bytes between the last byte in the field and the one being replaced with spaces & adjust rule to at the correct position.
In example above, string would start at byte 01 and have 5 spaces, the new value (o), and any remaining space in the fixed field should be filled with spaces as well for future changes.
where underscore (_) is a space/placeholder for empty values in the field.
If creating new 006, create 006 using a space as placeholder for any empty byte values in the field.
- Article last edited: 17-Oct-2014