- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.1.0; 8.1.1
- Hold shelf life for a title level request placed through WebVoyage is being dictated by the All/All matrix setting in the policy definition that contains the circ happening location where the item was discharged
- When title-level request is placed through WebVoyage, resulting row in hold_recall has a patron_group_id of 0
- Title-level requests placed through Circulation client have hold shelf life determined by appropriate matrix
- Copy-level requests placed through WebVoyage have hold shelf life determined by appropriate matrix
Issue 16384-8626 was fixed in Voyager 7.2.1.
Another occurrence of this issue was reported in Voyager 8.1.1; confirmed fixed in Voyager 8.2.0.
- In SysAdmin > Circulation > Policy Definitions > [policy] > Matrix tab, go to the (all)/(all) matrix
- Click on the Intervals tab; set the hold shelf life to 10 days
- In SysAdmin > Circulation > Policy Definitions > [policy] > Matrix tab, go to the individual matrix for the patron group/item type of the patron/item to test with
- Click on the Intervals tab; set the hold shelf life to 5 days
- In WebVoyage, log in as sample patron; place a title-level request on item (on form, select "Any Copy At" option)
- Log into Circulation at the happening location you selected as the pickup location for the request; discharge the item
- Bring up item record; go into Request Maintenance to look at expiration date of request ? the expiration date is set to today?s date plus 10 days, not today?s date plus 5 days.
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013