- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Total Care
How often are backups run?
- Voyager backups are run nightly.
When are backups run?
- Backups are typically scheduled to run overnight during off-peak hours.
- To determine the exact time when backups are run examine the backup log files: /usr/local/scAgent/logs/
How long do backups take?
- The time required to make a snapshot is dependent on a number of variables and will vary from site to site, as well as from day to day.
- The time required for previous backups can be determined from the backup log files: /usr/local/scAgent/logs/
How long does Ex Libris retain backups?
- Daily backups for the previous 14 days.
- Weekly backups are maintained for the previous 10 weeks.
Where does Ex Libris keep backups?
- 7 days of snapshots are kept on the server for quick recovery.
- 14 days of snapshots plus 10 weekly snapshots are maintained off site from the Voyager server.
What is the impact on the server while backups are running?
- Jobs which require a connection to the database should be avoided while a snapshot is being taken.
- Article last edited: 01-17-2017