- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
How do you remove items that are no longer missing from the Missing in Transit Report?
|If status is ...||... take this action:||because|
|In Transit Discharged||Discharge item at the item's home Circulation happening location.||
The In Transit Discharged status uses the In Transit Interval before showing up on Missing in Transit report.
It will use the last non-browse discharge location for the from location and the item's home location for the final destination.
|In Transit On Hold||Discharge item at the item's Pickup Location.||
The In Transit on Hold status is applied when an item that has a request is discharged. It also uses the In Transit Interval before showing up on the list.
The pick-up location of the queue position 1 hold/recall is used for the destination location. The from location is again the last non-browse discharge location.
|In Transit||Manually remove status||
The In Transit status is manually applied.
Items with this status will always show up on the Missing In Transit report, regardless of the In Transit Interval. The report will only show a destination location based on the item's location.
As explained in the Voyager Reporter User's Guide, the "Missing in Transit Report" batch job report lists all items that have not been received at the new location by the end of the time interval set in System Administration (SysAdmin>Circulation>Policy Definitions>Edit>Location>Setting). It includes the source location, title, call number, item ID, target location, and transit date. Voyager uses three different types of in transit: manually applied in-transit status, in-transit discharged, and in-transit hold:
- A manually applied in-transit status will always, regardless of the in transit interval, be on the Missing in Transit Report and should show a destination location only. This destination location is based on the item’s location.
- The in-transit discharged uses the in-transit interval before showing up in the list. It will use the last non-browse discharge location for the from location and the item’s home location for the final destination.
- The in-transit hold also uses the in-transit interval before showing up on the list. The pick-up location of the queue position 1 hold/recall is used for pickup. The from location is the last non-browse discharge location.
- How does the In Transit status and Missing in Transit Report work in Voyager?
- Help identifying old (more than 20 days) "in transit-discharged" or "in transit-on hold" status items
- Reporter User's Guide for more information on Missing In Transit report.