- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How to automatically populate the call number (MARC 852 $h) from data in the MARC Bibliographic Record when creating a new MFHD?
Set up Call Number Hierarchy:
- System Administration > Cataloging > Call Number Hierarchy > New
- Hierarchy tab
- Enter unique code and name for hierarchy
- Choose call number classification scheme
- Call number tab
- Enter bibliographic field containing call number.
- Can enter multiple fields and order in priority. Cataloging will check each field in order for a call number.
- Move new hierarchy in Cataloging > Policy Definitions > Default policies to Selected Call Number Hierarchies column to make available in Cataloging.
- Options > Preferences > General > Call Number Hierarchies > choose hierarchy from drop-down list.
When creating new MFHD, the Cataloging client will use selected Call Number Hierarchy to identify and add the call number from the MARC record to the 852 subfield h.
Call Number Hierarchy is also associated with Bulk Import Rules in the Mapping tab. If you are creating mfhds at the time of BulkImport, the call number can be taken from incoming MARC Bib record using specified Call Number Hierarchy. See the System Administration User's Guide, Chapter 4, "Bulk Import Rules".
- Article last edited: 02-Mar-2020