- Product: Voyager
How to batch delete holdings records from Voyager?
Before you begin, review Technical User's Guide chapter on BulkImport and MarcExport and note the following:
- Parameter (-r) will delete holdings (mfhd) records
- In order for this to work, you must first have an interleaved file of bibs and mfhds.
- mfhds cannot have any items attached to them and cannot be attached to a PO. You may mass delete item records using Pick and Scan within the Cataloging or Circulation module.
- -rG exports bib-mfhd group in interleaved file
- -m is mode for identifying records for export; can be by record ID file, range of record IDs, Cataloging location, and other characteristics.
- Use MarcExport to create the interleaved file of bib and mfhds
Pmarcexport -rG -mM -t/m1/incoming/delete.txtto export bib-mfhd records where bib_id is in file called delete.txt which is located in /m1/incoming on the server
- Find file of exported records. Will be in /m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt directory by default and named marc.exp.YYYYMMDD.HHSS
- System Administration > Cataloging > Bulk Import Rules > New
- Rule Name tab: enter a Rule Code, Rule Name
- Rules tab
- Choose Bibliographic Duplicate Detection profile that a) is set to Replace and b) is set to match on bib ID (BBID)
- Select Owning Library
- Expected Character Set = MARC21 UTF-8
- Profiles tab > Single MFHD > Load Bib/Auth only (this is in the Rules tab prior to Voyager 8.1.0)
- Save Bulk Import Rule.
- Test the rule:
Pbulkimport -iDELETE -f/m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt/marc.exp.20130222.1523 -b1 -e2 -rwhere DELETE is the rule code for the Bulk Import Rule and marc.exp.20130222.1523 is the file of exported records from step 2.
- Review the import log in the /m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt (log.imp.YYYYMMDD.hhmm) to ensure first two mfhds in file were deleted.
- If deleted as expected, delete remaining records in file: Pbulkimport -iDELETE -f/m1/voyager/xxxdb/rpt/marc.exp.20130222.1523 -b3 -r
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013