- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
Import records manually through the Cataloging client
1) System Administration > Cataloging > Policy Definitions > ensure Bibliographic/Authority Duplicate Detection profiles selected for Cataloging policy.
2) Cataloging > Options > Preferences > General: make sure that appropriate Bibliographic Import/Replace profile selected.
3) Record > Import > From New File ... > choose record file from PC.
4) Highlight records to import (can highlight multiple with Shift or Ctrl keys)
5) Click OK. The records will open in client.
6) Make any necessary edits to first record.
7) Click Save to DB. The first time you save a record to the database you will get the following message:
"This message will NOT be repeated in this Cataloging session. Your current Import/Replace profile is "xxx yyy". Change it now?"
If completed steps 1 and 2, click No.
8) Based on the Import/Replace profile selected, the system will either save the record to the database, or tell you if a duplicate was found and how that duplicate was handled.
9) Repeat steps 6-8 for remaining records.
- Article last edited: 3/4/2015