- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
How to migrate a new barcode to patron records while maintaining the old one?
1. Put the existing barcodes in Patron SIF Item #03, offset 21.
2. Put the status for the existing barcodes in Patron SIF Item #05, offset 56.
3. Put the new barcodes in Patron SIF Item #08, offset 77.
4. Put the status for the new barcodes in Patron SIF Item #10, offset 112.
*If the existing and new barcodes have the same Patron Group, only one can have an Active status.
*See the Technical User's Guide chapters titled "Patron Update" and "Patron Record Standard Interface File" for more information.
You can use a similar process to add a new patron group with the same barcode, set that barcode to Active status, and at the same time set the "existing" patron group's barcode to a different status (such as Other or Expired). Using that process you can change a patron's patron group. The important thing to remember is that the patron group/barcode "grouping" needs to be unique. This is true both for SIF and XML updates.
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013