- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
ELINK_INDEX table records duplicate rows for duplicate 856 fields, but both entries contain the URL found in the second instance of the 856.
The SEQNUM field value in ELINK_INDEX can be seen to not be unique in the record.
The SEQNUM field value in ELINK_INDEX can be an incredibly large number (e.g., 4484)
Catalog record display and the data in the OPAC display are correct.
VYG-7031 is in Development.
- Find or create a bib with multiple 856 fields each with a URL in 856 $u
- Save the record to the DB.
- View the ELINK_INDEX table for that bib record.
- Open the record identified in Step 1 and add a new 856 above an existing 856.
- Save the record again to the DB.
- View the ELINK_INDEX table for that bib record and note any differences.
An ELINK_INDEX regen will "fix" any duplicate entries in the table. Contact Voyager Support to arrange for such a regen.
Note that this is a temporary fix. Further manual manipulation of 856 fields as per the Replication Steps will cause new corruption in the ELINK_INDEX table.
Description of defect provided by affected customer:
"(This appears to be) caused by a bug in the Cataloging Client. This bug is triggered any time an 856 field is manually added to a record and inserted above any existing 856 fields. This happens both when using the "Copy field" pop-up or if you insert a blank field and type or paste in information. It also happens any time 856 fields in a record are re-ordered (either with "Copy field" or with "Move field up/down by one"). Adding a new 856 field as the last 856 field in the record does not trigger the bug."
- Article last edited: 19-Feb-2021