- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: all
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
During a bulk import, a PO is created that appears to have no line items; when attempting to delete MFHD created through this import, get error message stating 'Unable to delete holding record. PO must be deleted first.'
Issue VYG-7858 is currently in Development.
1) Find a bulk import rule that is set to create Bibs/MFHDS/POs/items that has no default selected for Ledger Name or Fiscal Period Name, and whose Fund>Default Code is invalid at the db level
2) Using the bulk import rule from the previous step, load a bib that has no valid fund/ledger/fiscal period information of its own, so Voyager will look to the defaults in the rule
3) View the log.imp* for this run -- note the mfhd_id and PO number that are created
4) Bring up the PO in Acquisitions -- though the PO is there, note that no line items exist (though the log indicates line items were created), so you can't delete them in order to enable the deletion of the related MFHD
5) Bring up the MFHD in Cataloging, bring up the attached item, delete the item (this will succeed), then attempt to delete the MFHD -- you'll get a message stating 'Unable to delete holding record. PO must be deleted first.'
6) Check the tables for the data in line_item_copy_status and line_item_funds using the mfhd_id -- you can see it isn't valid (note in line_item_copy_status that while there is a copy_id there's no line_item_id, which is impossible; in line_item_funds you'll see that the ledger_id is -1 which is of course not valid)
Immediately fix the bulk import rule in question to prevent any further data issues from occurring.
Delete the empty PO, and suppress the MFHDs/bib associated with this import.
- Article last edited: 16-Sep-2021