- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
Bug Report Form for Issue 33253
Module(s): Voyager Media Scheduling & Media Scheduling SysAdmin
Release(s) replicated in: 7.0.3
Last version that worked: unknown
Expected Results: policy definitions will be applied correctly based on the matrices that are set up by user.
Actual Results: Only the default policy definition is used for booking equipment regardless of matrices in SysAdmin.
Workflow Implications: interrupts workflow, user has to click override to allow any equipment booking, creates needless exception reports.
Replication steps: 1. Open Media Scheduling SysAdmin. Click on Policy Settings. Click Equipment tab, then click Default Settings, then click Edit, then click Settings. Uncheck the “can deliver to?” and “can pickup?” boxes and click Save. Click Close.
2. Click “5 Day – Faculty/Staff,” then click Edit, then Settings. Check the “can deliver to?” and “can pickup?” boxes and click Save. Click Close.
3. Click Policy Groups, click Equipment booking, click Edit, then click Matrices. Click the equipment tab. If all/all matrix not present, click New, and choose all/all/default settings. Create another matrix set to all/graduate student/5 day – Faculty Staff. Click Save, click Close, click Close.
4. Open Media Scheduling. Click Bookings, click New Booking. Click Requester, find person with the group “graduate student” (Smith, Donna worked on test servers) and click OK.
5. Click the equipment tab, then click Add. Expand Equipment, click DVD Player, choose a DVD player from the list. Click the blue arrow to add to booking. You will get an error message saying requester is not allowed to book equipment.
6. Also test by switching values of “can pickup?” and “can deliver to?” of Default and Faculty/Staff in steps 1 and 2 and repeat booking process, default settings still apply. Delete any matrices using Default settings, default settings still apply.
Workaround: Support has to delete default policy setting manually from table, recreate policy groups and matrices.
Fixed in Voyager 8.1.2
- Article last edited: 3/4/2015